Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pinterest recipe review Cheesy Bacon Oven Chips

This morning on Pinterest I saw a recipe that I just had to try, cheesy bacon oven chips with ranch chipotle sauce. We were having hamburgers for dinner so these would be perfect as a side.  I already had potatoes and cheese so.. I sent my 17 year old son to the grocery store with a small list of things to buy, including bacon bits. His first official shopping trip for me.

He came back without the bacon bits!!  He did manage to get four packages of hamburger buns though!  He said my one looked like a four. HaHa.

Due to me deciding to paint chalkboards for two hours this afternoon, (will post pictures later) dinner soon changed to bacon and tomato sandwiches..perfect.  I could use some of the bacon and sprinkle it on the potatoes.

But look at this heart shaped potatoe we found!!!  I almost hated to cut it up and eat it!

Pinned Image


These were super easy to make except I was a little confused because it says to put the potatoes in water and bring to a boil and then cover for five minutes, but it did not say if I should keep them boiling or turn off the burner.  I turned it off.. then I turned it back on.  I could not make a decision.  After a few minutes of actually boiling I put them on a dish towel, as I was out of paper towels.  I put them on a baking sheet, salt, pepper, cheese, bacon and put them in the oven for about 15 minutes.  They turned out wonderful.  Instead of ranch chipotle sauce, my children just used ranch and I used sour cream. My husband opted for no sauce or sour cream.  I will definitely make them again.  They were easy, inexpensive to make and tasted wonderful.  We all really enjoyed them! 

Thank you vittlesandbits and pinterest!! 











My picture looks nothing like the original one on pinterest from: http://vittlesandbits.blogspot.com/2012/02/cheesy-bacon-oven-chips-with-chipotle.html

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked these, sorry you got confused though! I love your heart shaped potato, just in time for Valentines day :) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious to know if these need to be boiled at all... can't you just cook them in the oven once sliced then add the chheez and bacon?? I haven't made them yet but I'm wondering if just doing them in the oven wouldn't make them more crispy??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would just take longer if you did not boil them first. They were really good and I need to make them again!!

    ReplyDelete